Your house is not going to be a perfect match for every person who walks through the door. However, quite often, people attend a Denver open house and the home meets all their needs, but something about the open house turned them off. You do not want this to happen because chances are good that you won’t get them back through the door. Use this guide to make sure you are doing everything possible to win them over.
1. Boost Curb Appeal – If your lawn is overgrown or you have weeds sprouting through cracks in the driveway it’s time to give your front yard a little attention. A couple pots of flowers won’t hurt either. Keep in mind that they get the first impression of your home as soon as they pull up.
2. Spring Cleaning – It doesn’t have to be spring to do spring cleaning. You are going to clean every inch of your home. This includes washing walls, scrubbing baseboards, and dusting blinds and fans. It is suggested that 60 percent of home buyers admit that uncleanliness is their top turn off.
3. Fix and Freshen – Minor repairs should all be addressed. This includes window screens, closet and patio doors, railings, and leaky faucets. If your home has not been painted in a while a fresh coat can really brighten it up. You might decide remodeling the kitchen will make your house more complete in the market.
4. Make it Eco-Friendly – Energy efficient appliances and lighting and water-saving faucets and showerheads reduce utility bills and reduce your carbon footprint. Plus, buyers are looking for eco-friendly paint, reclaimed wood features, sustainable flooring, etc.
5. Souvenirs – Buyers often hit several open houses in one weekend. Make sure they remember your house. Send solid prospects home with a gift bag. Inside include a video tour on DVD or a mouse or keychain with a photo of the home. It is also a good idea to have prepared answers to questions they have and have it printed on nice paper. This could include everything from when the hot water heater was replaced to the best local café for their morning caffeine fix.
If you are planning a Denver open house then you want to do everything you can to make sure you are really prepared. If you follow this guide and plan ahead, you will have a better chance of appealing to more buyers and hopefully, you won’t have to schedule additional ones in the future!